Who is Dixie D’Amelio?
Dixie D’Amelio, who goes by her full name Dixie Jane D’Amelio is an American singer and social media personality. She is one of the top 10 TikTok creators, and her sister Charli D’Amelio is in the 1st spot.
In 2020, Dixie starred in the YouTube web series Attaway General. Between late 2019 and May 2020, Dixie was a part of the collaborative TikTok group The Hype House. In 2020, Dixie signed a contract with HitCo Entertainment and released her debut single, “Be Happy”.
In August 2020, Forbes included Dixie in their list as the third highest-earning TikTok star.
Personal life of Dixie D’Amelio
Dixie D’Amelio was born on 12th August 2001 in Norwalk, Connecticut. She was raised by her father, Marc D’Amelio, a famous businessman and a Republican former political candidate and her mother, Heidi D’Amelio, who is a well-known model and photographer. Dixie has one younger sister Charli D’Amelio who is the top TikToker worldwide.
She attended King Low Heywood Thomas School in Connecticut. After that, Dixie completed her graduation at a private university in the United States.
Dixie has had an interest in singing and dancing since an early age. While Charli was more of a dancer and grew up dancing competitively, Dixie was more of a singer and performed in musical theatre. She participated in over 20 shows, including “Cinderella,” “Aladdin” and “The Little Mermaid”.
Dixie let go of her singing dream and decided to pursue running track and playing field hockey in high school. She returned to her entertainment career in October 2019 on TikTok.
Dixie dated her high school boyfriend, Matt Garavel, until 2018. They met in the school sports team.
After that, Dixie dated famous YouTuber Griffin Johnson. They collaborated as a couple on multiple YouTube videos and shared pictures on Instagram.
In October 2020, D’Amelio confirmed she was in a relationship with a fellow TikTok
personality Noah Beck.
The career of Dixie D’Amelio
Dixie is mainly known for her TikTok channel. She started posting in late 2019 after her younger sister Charli had already established a fanbase. Dixie quickly blew up in popularity and gained millions of followers in months.
In January 2020, Dixie signed a contract with United Talent Agency.
In May 2020, the D’Amelio sisters announced their new podcast deal with Ramble Podcast Network. This podcast offers a behind-the-scenes look at their lives and specific topics on their minds.
Dixie D’Amelio landed her first acting role on the Brat TV series Attaway General (2020) as Georgia Henry. This show follows four very different teens who arrive at Attaway General Hospital’s prestigious volunteer program. They need to learn how to cooperate together to survive the program and make a difference in patients’ lives.
On 26th June 2020, Dixie D’Amelio released her debut single, “Be Happy”. As of 2021, her song amassed nearly 100 million streams on Spotify.
On 7th August 2020, she signed a record deal with L.A. Reid’s label HitCo Entertainment.
In December 2020, Dixie released two more singles, “Roommates”, co-penned by Demi Lovato and “One Whole Day” with Wiz Khalifa.
On 16th July 2021, Dixie D’Amelio announced her fourth single that was released one week later. “Psycho” features another collaboration, Kentucky rapper Rubi Rose.
In late 2020, Dixie and her sister Charli partnered with Hollister Co. and Bill Nye to sponsor fleece hoodies. Forbes even included Dixie in their highest earned TikTokers and shared that Dixie earned $2.9 million in the last year through June from her numerous sponsorship deals and merchandise, making her the third highest-earning TikTok star.
Social media of Dixie D’Amelio
Dixie came pretty late to social media, around 2019. Thanks to her younger sister, Dixie gained crazy fame in a short amount of time.
Dixie D’Amelio has a YouTube channel with nearly 7.5 million subscribers. She posts around 3 videos per month. There is a mix of variety when you look at her channel. Dixie posts anything from her “The early late-night show” episodes, behind the scenes to vlogs, house tours and even her latest songs.
Dixie has an Instagram profile with over 25 million followers. You can find here anything from goofy selfies to behind the scenes photos and photos from concerts.
Dixie D’Amelio is very active on Twitter, with over 4 million followers. She posts multiple Tweets per day.
Her most dominant area is TikTok, where she amassed nearly 60 million followers and over 3 billion likes. She is not your regular dancing TikToker, although you could dig up some Dixies dancing TikToks for sure. As of December 2021, Dixie D’Amelio claims 9th place in TikTok most-followed creators ladder, only 200,000 behind Kimberley Loaiza. She shared a video of herself right after the oral surgery, clearly unhappy and in pain. She danced while having an ice pack wrapped around her head on a TikTok video.
How much does Dixie D’Amelio earn? Net worth!
Dixie D’Amelio’s estimated net worth is $6 Million.
She earns most of her income from social media sponsorships, her own line of merchandise, singing and acting career.
As a Top 10 TikTok personality and with a substantial wide social media reach, Dixie earned roughly $3 million in 2020 alone from sponsorships, production opportunities and merchandise. The same year, Dixie was included in Forbes as the third-highest earning person on TikTok behind her sister Charli (with $4 million in revenues) and Addison Rae (with $5 million in revenues). Dixie landed herself sponsorships with brands such as Taco Bell and Crest, among others, through sponsored posts, merchandising, or product lines.
In 2020, Dixie appeared in the web series “Attaway General,” which broadcast on YouTube’s Brat TV digital network. She also hosts her own talk show, “The Early Late Night Show”. Later, Dixie starred alongside her family in the “Dinner with the D’Amelios” series. In 2021, the D’Amelio sisters joined forces to appear on the Snap Originals reality series “Charli vs Dixie” and even created their own show in the Hulu docuseries “The D’Amelio Show.”
In June 2020, Dixie debuted with her first single, “Be Happy”. This song peaked at number 55 on the UK Singles chart and amassed nearly 100 million streams on Spotify. After that, Dixie signed with L.A. Reid’s label HitCo Entertainment and released more singles, “One Whole Day,” featuring rapper Wiz Khalifa, “Roommates,” “Fuckboy,” and “Psycho”. Additionally, Dixie was featured on Liam Payne’s song “Naughty List.”
In March 2020, the D’Amelio sisters partnered with UNICEF for an anti-bullying campaign. Two months later, they appeared alongside a roster of celebrities in the television special “Graduate Together: America Honors the High School Class of 2020.”
In July 2020, Dixie partnered with her sister and Hollister. They became the face of Hollister’s Jean Lab campaign and created a TikTok dance to promote it. They released their own line of cosmetics, Morphe 2, in collaboration with Morphe Cosmetics. Later, the D’Amelio sisters released a nail polish collection called Coastal Craze in partnership with Beauty Orosa.
In 2021, they co-created Hollister’s Social Tourist apparel brand and became the face of its campaign. The D’Amelio sisters also partnered with Simmons Bedding Company to design the Charlie & Dixie x Simmons Mattress.
Dixie was first paid for her own modelling gig back in January 2018. She has worked with brands like Ralph Lauren and Hollister since then.
Interesting facts about Dixie D’Amelio
- Dixie’s zodiac sign is Leo.
- Her height is 5’6” or 167 centimetres.
- She also weighs a massive 65kg or 143 lbs.
- In August 2020, Forbes included Dixie in their list as the third highest-earning TikTok star.
- She is one of the top 10 TikTok creators.
- She participated in over 20 theatre shows, including “Cinderella,” “Aladdin” and “The Little Mermaid” when she was young.
- In October 2020, D’Amelio confirmed she was in a relationship with a fellow TikTok personality Noah Beck.
- In May 2020, the D’Amelio sisters announced their new podcast deal with Ramble Podcast Network.
- Dixie D’Amelio landed her first acting role on the Brat TV series Attaway General (2020) as Georgia Henry.
- On 26th June 2020, Dixie D’Amelio released her debut single, “Be Happy”. As of 2021, her song amassed over 86.1 million streams on Spotify.
- She’s not getting nearly as much of that kind of negativity as her sister.
- Her sister Charlie D’Amelio is the most followed person on TikTok.
- Dixie is the 9th most followed personality on TikTok.
- Her father, Marc D’Amelio, was a politician.
- Her mother is Heidi D’Amelio, a model and photographer.
- She released her debut single on 1st July in 2020 named “Be Happy” and starred in a video clip that was created for the song.
- According to a Forbes report published in August 2020, Dixie D’Amelio earned $2.9 million in the last year through June.
- She and her sister are the hosts of the virtual premiere of the movie “This is the year”.
- Dixie was part of the huge content creator gang, The Hype House, alongside her sister Charli.
- She is a good hockey player for the King Vikings Varsity Field Hockey Team.
- She’s also a track runner and has earned a letter in cross country.
- She’s been on all of her school lacrosse teams.
- She was accepted into The University of Alabama, as shown on her mother Heidi’s social media. However, she decided not to attend for several reasons.
- Dixie was first paid for her own modelling gig back in January 2018. She has worked with brands like Ralph Lauren and Hollister since then.
- Dixie shared her most embarrassing moment “I was in two walking boots, and I fell down a flight of stairs since I was on crutches, and the elevator was broken, and then I had to be taken out in a wheelchair”.
- She shared a video of herself right after the oral surgery, clearly unhappy and in pain. She danced while having an ice pack wrapped around her head on a TikTok video.