Who is JoJo Siwa?
Jojo’s real name is Joelle Joanie Siwa, and she was born on May 19th, 2003. She is an American singer, dancer, actress and YouTube personality. Jojo and her mother Jessalynn Siwa appeared in two seasons on Dance Moms. Jojo is also famous for her singles “Kid in a Candy Store” and “Boomerang”. Jojo posts daily on her YouTube channel “Its JoJo Siwa” about her day-to-day life. She was one of the 100 most influential people in the world in Time’s annual list in 2020.
Personal Life of JoJo
JoJo started dating a TikTok star Mark Bontempo in 2020. Their relationship started in August and eventually ended in November.
In January 2021, Siwa came out as a part of the LGBTQ+ community. JoJo added that she doesn’t want to label her sexuality, and in fact, she doesn’t know the answer.
JoJo Siwa publicly revealed that she is in a relationship with her best friend, Kylie Prew, in February 2021. She later stated, “Technically, I would say that I am pansexual because that’s how I have always been my whole life is just like, my human is my human.” In the same interview, Siwa mentioned that she also uses the terms “gay” and “queer.”
Controversy of JoJo Siwa
JoJo released a makeup kit at one point in her career. This beauty kit turned out to be laced with Asbestos and withdrawn from the market. JoJo Siwa publicly apologized for this incident.
Dababy, a famous singer, released a song named “Beatbox” on March 19th, 2021. This song has gained over 4 million views. Fans obviously liked it, but there was an issue with one of its lines, “N*gga, you a b*tch, JoJo Siwa (B*tch)”. JoJo never shared her opinion about this incident, but James Charles didn’t have it. He publicly called out Dababy on Twitter “Can someone please explain why Dababy is dissing JoJo Siwa when she is 10 times richer, 12 years younger, and 2 inches taller than him”. Dababy immediately responded to clarify the misunderstanding “@itsjojosiwa, my 3-year-old princess is your number 1 fan. I bought her every product you have out. She thinks she is you. Don’t let them trick you into thinking I’d ever had a problem with you. My word play just went over their heads. All love on my end, shawty. Keep shining!” As it turned out, it wasn’t meant to dis JoJo at all. DaBaby is actually using her name in a play on words to call his foes weak. “Siwa” is a homophone of “see why.” Dababy’s real name is Jonathan Kirk and guess what? His nickname was also JoJo when he was young. That means the line can be read as “Jonathan see why”.
JoJo Siwa never publicly expressed her thoughts about this incident or responded to Dababy’s tweet.
How much does JoJo Siwa earn? Net worth!
JoJo’s net worth is estimated to be over $20,000,000 as of 2021.
She is a pretty famous YouTube star, but her YouTube earnings are far from her primary source of income.
JoJo owns her line of hair bows with UK fashion chain Claire’s and various home decors, beauty accessories. She even has a whole line of dolls dedicated to her in collaboration with American store J.C. Penney.
JoJo had several TV appearances throughout her career and even appeared in a game. JoJo Siwa signed a contract with Nickelodeon to appear in a movie called Blurt! and the TV series Lip Sync Battle Shorties. She is also a playable character in the racing game Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2: Grand Prix.
She is also famous for the multiple songs she created. JoJo went on her DREAM Tour in collaboration with Nickelodeon to perform at a live concert in front of her fans.
JoJo’s social media
- itsjojosiwa TikTok Followers: 37,000,000
- itsjojosiwa Instagram Followers: 11,000,000
- JoJo Siwa! Twitter Followers: 618,200
- Its JoJo Siwa YouTube Subscribers: 12,300,000
- ItsJoJoSiwaGames Twitch Followers: 15,400
- JoJo recorded “Boomerang” in 2016 and was awarded by the Recording Industry Association of America with 2×Platinum certifications.
- JoJo recorded “Kid in a Candy Store” and “Hold the Drama” in 2017. Both of them were awarded by the Recording Industry Association of America with Gold certification.
- JoJo recorded “Every Girl’s a Super Girl”, “High Top Shoes”, and “Only Getting Better” in 2018. The latter one is a part of DREAM. The Music music album.
- JoJo recorded “Bop!” in 2019 as a part of the Celebrate music album.
- JoJo recorded “Nonstop” in 2020.
- Album DREAM. The Music was released on November 16th 2018, by Viacom International. Format: Digital download, streaming and placed 22nd in US Kid top-selling music album.
- Album Celebrate was released on April 12th 2019, by Viacom International. Format: Digital download, streaming and placed 12th in US Kid top-selling music album.
- JoJo’s Rockin’ Christmas album was released on November 13th 2020, by Viacom International. Format: Digital download, streaming and placed 17th in US Kid top-selling music album.
- 2017 JoJo’s Guide to the Sweet Life: #PeaceOutHaterz
- 2018 Things I Love: A Fill-In Friendship Book
- 2018 JoJo Loves BowBow: A Day in the Life of the World’s Cutest Canine
- 2018 JoJo’s Guide to Making Your Own Fun: #DoItYourself
- 2018 JoJo and BowBow Take the Stage
- 2019 JoJo and BowBow: Candy Kisses
- 2019 JoJo and BowBow: The Posh Puppy Pageant
- 2020 Jingle Bows and Mistletoe (Jojo and Bowbow Super Special)
- 2020 The Great Beach Cake Bake
- 2021 Spring Break Double Take (Jojo and Bowbow Book #8)
JoJo’s awards and nominations
- JoJo Siwa won in 2017 an award for Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in the category Favorite Viral Music Artist.
- JoJo Siwa won in 2018 an award for Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in the category Favorite Musical YouTube Creator.
- Nick Cannon & JoJo Siwa (Lip Sync Battle Shorties) were nominated in 2019 for Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in the category Favorite TV Host.
- JoJo Siwa won in 2019 an award for Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in the category Favorite Social Music Star.
- JoJo Siwa won in 2020 an award for Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards in the category Favorite Social Music Star.
Interesting facts about Jojo Siwa
- JoJo hates when people eat with their mouths open.
- JoJo is homeschooled.
- JoJo’s worst habit is biting her nails.
- JoJo has two EPs: DREAM: The Music and Celebrate.
- JoJo’s favourite food is pizza.
- JoJo starred in the show “The Masked Singer”, and she was a T.Rex.
- JoJo has a doll that sings “Boomerang”. Sadly it can only be bought in America.
- She officially came out on January 22nd, 2021, with the label of gay. However, she said the most accurate term would be pansexual, although she is still figuring herself out.
- She had previously hinted at her sexuality on January 20th, 2021, on TikTok. She has not revealed who her girlfriend is, except that her first name is Kylie.
- JoJo said that she and Kim Kardashian talk regularly after learning that Kim’s eldest daughter North is a huge fan.
- JoJo featured in an episode of Keeping Up With The Kardashians season 17, where North meets JoJo and films a video together. North has appeared in several videos with her hero since.
- JoJo bought a $3.5 million condo in the LA suburb of Tarzana for herself and her family in February 2020.
- JoJo first appeared on TV as a baby in an advert for floors, of all things.
- Her zodiac sign is a Taurus.
- In 2017, JoJo revealed that she takes dancing classes, even though she doesn’t dance anymore.
- Most of her bows are handmade by Jessalynn, and she owns over 600 bows.
- JoJo’s brother’s birthday is the day after her birthday. Her brother is three years older than JoJo.
- She has her own collections in collaboration with different chains Target, Tilt Dancewear, Walmart and Claire’s.
- JoJo would love to be slimed at the Kids’ Choice Awards.
- Her favourite style of dance is jazz.
- In March 2016, she stated that her favourite solo she had ever done on the show was I’ll Show You the Dark Side.
- In 2016, JoJo guest-starred in a show, The Thundermans on Nickelodeon.
- In 2016, she guest-starred in a show Bizaardvark on Disney Channel.
- In 2017, she co-hosted in a show Lip Sync Battle Shorties with Nick Cannon on Nickelodeon.
- She admitted that she watched Dance Moms since the first season before finally appearing in them.
- JoJo loves Starbucks. Her favourite drink is a French vanilla latte, a very berry hibiscus refresher and passion tea lemonade with two pumps of raspberry.
- JoJo and Jess hosted a foreign exchange student from Korea.
- She knows how to speak Korean.
- Her natural colour is brown. Jessalyn, JoJo’s mom, admitted during an episode of AUDC that she has bleached JoJo’s hair since a very young age.
- Fellow contestants of AUDC nicknamed JoJo and her mom “Jessalyn and JoJo circus”. This was a play on a Disney Channel show aimed at preschool kids.
- Abby admitted that it was the producer’s idea to bring JoJo in than her own.
- Her favourite thing about being on Dance Moms is that she travelled and worked with new people.
- JoJo had her first solo when she was two years old.
- She formerly competed with three different studios. She competed with SYNERGY tech Jazz in 2008, CPD Intermix Dance Co in 2011. In early 2013, JoJo competed for True Dance & Co., the studio owned by fellow AUDC season two cast member Shari.
- Jojo had a speech impediment. It was more prominent when she was younger, but you can still hear it sometimes.
- Her hit single is “Boomerang”, which has almost a billion views on YouTube!
- JoJo toured across the UK, Australia, and the UK in 2019.
- She starred in The Masked Singer in 2020.
- JoJo was only in 6th Grade when she joined the ALDC Junior Elite Competition Team in Season 5 of Dance Moms.
- JoJo stood up for Abby Lee Miller in 2020, after Brook Hyland posted a TikTok showing that she had a buddy recommendation on Facebook for Abby.
- Girls made fun of JoJo’s hairline.
- She shares her birthday with Will Simmons.
- JoJo is the third blonde OG dancer on the ALDC Elite Competition Team.
- In 2020, JoJo and Mackenzie defended Gianna after former Dance Mom Christi Lukasiak said in a live zoom call that Gianna wasn’t friendly and that Gia was like Abby.