Who is Lele Pons?
Eleonora Pons “Lele” Maronese is a Venezuelan YouTuber, ex-Viner, TikToker, part of the Shots Studios family, and personalities such as Anwar Jibawi and Alesso Anitta, Rudy Mancuso, Inanna Sarkis and Hannah Stockings.
Lele used to be one of the most-successful Viners in the world before it shut down. She then branched out into other social media platforms and started creating comedy sketches for YouTube. After that, Lele acted in movies, starred in music videos and co-authored a novel in 2016.
Personal life of Lele Pons
Lele Pons was born on 25th June 1996 in Caracas, Venezuela. She is the only child of her parents, Luis Pons and Anna Marones. Lele is of Spanish/Catalan and Italian descent. Lele speaks fluent Spanish, English and Italian.
At the age of 5, Lele with her family moved to Miami, Florida, where she finished high school. After completing her school, Lele moved to Los Angeles, California, in 2015. Lele shared she suffers from OCD and Tourette’s.
The career of Lele Pons
Lele Pons first started her career at Vine’s video hosting service when she was just 16 years old. She was the very first Vine content creator to reach 1 billion views and primarily created comedy skits with physical aspects.
She was credited for being the creator of the phrase “Do It For The Vine.” and has been nominated for several awards, such as being Choice Viner in the Teen Choice Awards.
Aol.com has included her name on their “10 Most Entertaining Latino Viners”, where she was ranked #6.
On 18th September 2015, Lele branched out into YouTube and created her YouTube channel. She uploaded her first video on 19th April 2016 when Shots Studios launched. Lele appeared in the YouTube Original series “Escape The Night” by Joey Graceffa in season 1 but was killed in episode 9. She has also taken part in YouTube’s paid subscription service, YouTube Premium.
She also made a show called Lele Pons and Hannah Stocking. However, it had negative ratings and was promptly cancelled.
In 2020, Lele Pons was nominated for the tenth annual Streamy awards in the Documentary category.
The controversy of Lele Pons
Lele Pons once claimed she is donating her hair to charity. Many people pointed out too many inconsistencies. Her hair was bleached, which alone is a reason for donors not to accept such hair. Lele also wore hair extensions. She addressed the backlash by denying it.
In addition, Amanda Cerny came forward about how Lele deleted all her videos because she was jealous of her fame, with her excuse being “I’m Latina”.
Social media of Lele Pons
In November 2013, Lele Pons created her Twitter account. As of 2022, Lele amassed over 1.8 million followers and more than 2,000 Tweets. She advertises her latest content, such as new songs and YouTube videos.
On 19th September 2015, Lele Pons created her self-titled YouTube channel as a part of her transition from Vine. She accumulated more than 17.6 million subscribers and over 4.8 billion views. Lele created funny comedy skits and was even part of the YouTube Premium subscription service. On 4th May 2016, Lele posted her first-ever YouTube video, “Keeping Up With The Powerpuff Girls | Lele Pons”, which gained over 26.6 million views and more than 476,000 likes. On 4th September 2020, Lele Pons posted her most popular YouTube video, “Lele Pons & Guaynaa - Se Te Nota (Official Music Video)”, which gained over 381.7 million views and more than 2.9 million likes.
Lele Pons is highly popular on Instagram, where she has over 47.4 million followers. She often posts high-quality modelling pictures and photos from her everyday life. Lele often posts pictures with her friend Hannah Stocking. She gains as high as 16 million likes on any of her Instagram posts.
Lele Pons is also popular on Facebook, where she has over 6.5 million followers. She often re-posts different comedy skits from various other social media platforms.
Lele has a highly popular TikTok account with over 26.3 million followers and more than 510.7 million likes. As of 2022, Lele Pons is 67th most followed TikToker, only 200,000 behind “Pongámoslo a Prueba”.
Lele Pons has her songs available on Spotify and has over 4.6 million monthly listeners.
How much does Lele Pons earn? Net worth!
As of 2022, Lele Pons has an estimated net worth of roughly $9 million. Lele generates her income through ad revenue, sponsorships and on YouTube Premium. She could earn as high as $46,000 per sponsored social media post.
In 2014 she released a perfume called Suache by Lele. However, it was quickly discontinued after her former manager Justin Matil “forgot” to advertise and market the scent.
She has also taken part in YouTube’s paid subscription service, YouTube Premium.
Lele Pons teamed up with New York Times bestselling author Melissa de la Cruz for her book, ‘Surviving Highschool’ which was released in April 2016. The book highlights the ups and downs that come with high school life.
Interesting facts about Lele Pons
- Lele’s zodiac sign is Cancer.
- Her height is 5’ 6” or 168 centimetres.
- She weighs 141 lbs or 64 kilograms.
- Lele Pons gained her popularity from Vine and effortlessly transitioned into Youtube and other social media sites.
- After moving to the U.S.m, she lived in Miami, Florida. Once she finished high school in 2015, she made a move from Miami to Los Angeles.
- Lele Pons was relentlessly bullied during high school by her classmates. They would make fun of the way she spoke with an accent, as well as her nose.
- Lele Pons started using the Social Media app Vine when she was 16. She explains, “I started with my friends, and I started becoming good. At first, it was just being really creative—it wasn’t even funny stuff.”
- Lele Pons became the first user to pass 1 billion video loops. With the shutdown of Vine, Pons’ account is listed as the most looped of all time, with 16.7 billion loops.
- Lele Pons is credited with creating the super famous catchphrase “Do It For The Vine”.
- Pons teamed up with New York Times bestselling author Melissa de la Cruz for her book, ‘Surviving Highschool’ which was released in April 2016.
- Lele Pons appeared in the American horror TV show Scream in 2016.
- It was announced in February 2017 that Pons would be the new Brand Ambassador for cosmetic giant CoverGirl.
- She was listed as one of Forbes 30 Under 30: Hollywood & Entertainment. She joins the ranks of other up and comers like Cameron Dallas, Ryan Higa, Tyler Oakley and Elle Fanning.
- In 2016, Pons won an award for the Best Viner at the Teen Choice Awards.
- Michelle Obama Invited her to the White House. In 2015, Lele was invited to the White House, where she worked on a campaign for disadvantaged kids to go to college with FLOTUS Michele Obama.
- Lele Pons has made it clear that she is lost if she doesn’t have her Apple iPhone 7.
- She always had dreams of being a successful singer. She did a summer program at Berklee College of Music in Boston and planned to apply there. Things worked out differently, though, and Lele never made it to college.
- Lele’s always surrounded by many friends in her videos. Still, her friendship with the fellow influencer, Amanda Cerny, didn’t have a happy ending.
- Lele was almost fired as a judge on the Miss Universe pageant in November 2017. The Youtube star is a proud Latina, and her Hispanic pride almost lost her the Miss Universe gig.
- Lele has been known to do her own stunts. Lele is often seen falling, tripping or getting hurt in her skits. Her commitment to her craft shines in her hilarious comedy sketches.
- Lele was born and raised in Venezuela. She learned Spanish as her first language. Italian was her second language, and English was her third.
- Latin music fans will be excited to know that Lele Pons is related to famous Puerto Rican singer, Chayanne who is married to Lele’s aunt (her mom’s sister). In addition to being Lele’s uncle, Chayanne is also her godfather.
- Lele Pons is a huge Shakira fan and has been listening to her music since childhood.
- When asked where she sees herself by the time she’s 30, Lele said that she would like to have two kids by then.
- She believes it’s essential to unplug every once in a while and not get sucked in by what’s happening on the Internet.