Who is Maya?
Maya is an American Twitch streamer, YouTuber, animal advocate and social media influencer. She was born on 24th May 1998 in California but currently lives in Texas, United States. Maya was born to a Japanese father and an American mother. Regarding her personal life, Maya has two brothers and one sister. She is the youngest sibling and grew up on a farm in Northern California. Thanks to this, Maya created a connection to animals and graduated with a bachelor's degree in agricultural education and communication in June 2020. In 2019, Maya started dating an OTK member and fellow Twitch streamer Matthew Rinaudo aka Mizkif. However, on 14th September 2021, Maya and Mizkif announced on Twitter that they had ended their relationship.
In February 2019, Maya started streaming on Twitch. She initially didn't gain much recognition. However, one day, Maya brought her juvenile red-tailed hawk on camera. Thanks to this clip getting viral, people realized how unique her content is compared to other Twitch streamers. From this point on, Maya realized how all the good things she could achieve thanks to streaming. In July 2019, Maya started a Conservation Cast, a podcast where viewers learn about animals. Over time, Maya raised thousands of dollars for various animal organizations thanks to her podcast. On 10th February 2021, Maya held a nearly one-day-long charity stream for her newly found non-profit exotic animal sanctuary and virtual education centre known as Alveus Sanctuary. On this stream, Maya auctioned various items provided by other popular streamers, such as a golden shovel donated by Sodapoppin, Gucci loafers owned by T-Pain, and a signed jersey from xQc. The most expensive item went for $53,000, a 1-hour-long gaming session with Shroud bought by fellow streamer Ludwig Ahgren. Nowadays, Maya's streams consist primarily of music, falconry, IRL content with friends, reactionary content, chatting with her fans and spreading conservation awareness. Maya posts personal pictures and photos from her bird sanctuary on her Twitter account. Her Instagram page is dedicated to more refined personal photos and attractive pictures with friends. Maya has two different YouTube channels. Her main channel uploads two to three videos per month. These videos are mostly highlights from her Twitch streams, various challenges and hilarious IRL videos. Her second YouTube channel uploads videos on a daily basis. These videos are less refined and show Twitch highlights such as Maya reacting to TikToks, conversations with other streamers and storytimes.
Interesting facts about Maya
- Maya's zodiac sign is Gemini.
- As of 2022, Maya is 24 years old.
- Her height is 5'4'' (162 cm).
- She weighs 112 lbs (51 kg).
- Her real name is Maya Elaine Higa.
- She is the youngest sibling of four sibglings and grew up on a farm in Northern California.
- Maya shared she once got so drunk during college that she blacked out and lost her shoe.
- In June 2020, Maya graduated with a bachelor's degree in agricultural education and communication.
- In 2019, Maya started dating an OTK member and fellow Twitch streamer Matthew Rinaudo aka Mizkif. They announced their break-up on 14th September 2021.
- She once beat Mizkif so bad during a drunk CS:GO duel that he stopped streaming.
- On 12th March 2022, Maya co-hosted the first Streamer Awards wit QTCinderella.
- She is the founder of Alveus Sanctuary, a non-profit exotic animal sanctuary and virtual education centre based in Austin, Texas, United States.
- After reaching her goal during a charity stream, Maya shaved her head, fulfilling a promise she made.
- During one of her first streams, Maya brought her juvenile red-tailed hawk on camera and gained a lot of revealment.
- In July 2019, Maya started a Conservation Cast, a podcast where viewers learn about animals.
- On 10th February 2021, Maya held a nearly one-day-long charity stream that gained over $570,000 for her newly found organization Alveus Sanctuary.
- Maya posts personal pictures and photos from her bird sanctuary on her Twitter account.
- Maya has two different YouTube channels. One for more refined videos twice or thrice per month and one for daily videos.