Who is Jannat Zubair Rahmani?
Jannat Zubair Rahmani is an Indian social media personality, TikToker, YouTuber, singer and actress coming from a family of actors. Jannat grew to popularity after her leading role on “Phulwa” in 2011.
Since making her professional debut, the actress has starred in more than two dozen roles on TV and film. In addition, she is one of India’s most-followed celebrities.
Personal life of Jannat Zubair
Jannat Zubair Rahmani was born on 29th August 2002 in Mumbai, India. She comes from a family of actors. Jannet shared that her father, Zubair Ahmad Rahmani, was her biggest inspiration for becoming an actress. Her brother Ayaan is an actor as well and made his debut on the TV show “Jodha Akbar.”
In her school years, Jannet attended Oxford Public School in Kandivali West, Mumbai, India.
Jannat was rumoured to be dating social media personality Faisal Shaikh, aka Mr. Faisu. The two later rejected the rumours and claimed they were just good friends.
The career of Jannat Zubair
In 2009, Jannat Zubair started her acting career. She later appeared with a small role in “Dill Mill Gayye.” She didn’t gain much recognition until 2011 when she played the lead role in “Phulwa”. She has also appeared in “Bharat Ka Veer Putra–Maharana Pratap”, portraying the role of Young Phool Kanwar. In 2018, she starred in the Bollywood film “Hicki”, playing a student.
Since her acting debut, Jannat Zubair has starred in more than two dozen roles on TV and film. In addition, Jannat has starred in multiple songs.
Jannat Zubair later decided to start her social media career. Her YouTube channel has fashion and make-up tutorials. On Instagram, she posts about style and fashion. Before India banned all Chinese apps, Jannat was also one of the most successful Indian TikTok influencers.
She won the Indian Telly Awards and 4th Boroplus Gold Awards in 2011 for her role in “Phulwa.” In 2018, she won the Best Female Debut of the Year award for her role in the TV show “Tu Aashiqui.”
The controversy of Jannat Zubair
In 2018, when Jannat was just 16 years old, “Tu Aashiqui” producers asked her to film an intimate scene with the lead actor. Jannat, who was still under 18 at that time, refused and even got support from her parents, saying she would not be comfortable doing so and that it would not suit the character and would not be age-appropriate.
The matter escalated when the producers of the show started to audition replacements for her role in light of her decision. In the end, the producers came to an agreement with Jannat: she would not shoot intimate scenes within certain restrictions.
Social media of Jannat Zubair
In August 2014, Jannat Zubair created her Twitter account. As of 2022, Jannat gained nearly 100,000 followers and over 250 Tweets. Her posting is very irregular and posts around one post per two to three months.
Jannat Zubair Rahmani has a highly popular Instagram account with over 40 million followers. She posts high-quality modelling pictures and photos from her everyday life as well as funny reels. Her posts can acquire anywhere between 500,000 and 2 million likes.
On 24th April 2016, Jannat Zubair Rahmani created a self-titled YouTube channel. As of 2022, Jannat gained over 3.3 million subscribers and nearly 300 million views. On 7th September 2016, Jannat posted her first-ever YouTube video, “Jannat Zubair’s birthday party make-up look”. This video gained over 1.2 million views and more than 32,000 likes. On 20th October 2017, Jannat posted her most popular video, “Jannat Zubair (Pankti Sharma’s) Bridal look/Bridal Make-up”. This video gained over 25.1 million views and more than 132,000 likes. Jannat lately stopped posting make-up and fashion videos and started posting YouTube shorts instead.
On 25th July 2016, Jannat Zubair created her TikTok channel. Jannat Zubair used to be quite popular on TikTok with over 30 million followers. She was in the Top 50 most followed TikTok channel charts. It all changed when India decided to ban TikTok and a few other Chinese apps. Jannat removed her TikTok account.
Jannat posts short videos on the video-sharing app Moj. This app is very similar to TikTok. As of 2022, Jannat has over 4 million followers and more than 56.5 million views.
Jannat Zubair TikTok ban
Jannat Zubair was one of the most followed TikTok users in India and worldwide. She was so successful she reached the Top 30 most followed TikTok channels.
That was until India decided to ban TikTok and many other Chinese apps. You might think Jannat was devastated, but she actually didn’t mind at all.
In an exclusive conversation with India Today Television, Jannat shared that she was anticipating this. “I was waiting for the news of the ban. I am pleased and completely support this decision. I support not just the TikTok ban but also the ban of all other Chinese apps,” said the actress.
Jannat further added, “There are so many TikTokers, who’ll be shocked by this news, but somewhere we all had an idea that TikTok could be banned. I believe those who were only dependent on TikTok could explore their talent elsewhere.”
The actress doesn’t mind the ban as she was on the app for fun. “I made TikTok videos only for fun, and there are many more platforms where I can entertain my fans,” added Jannat.
Awards and nominations of Jannat Zubair
- In 2012 nominated at Indian Telly Awards for Best Child Artiste (Female) for Phulwa
- In 2018 won Gold Awards in Debut in a Lead Role (Female) for Tu Aashiqui.
How much does Jannat Zubair earn? Net worth!
As of 2022, Jannat’s estimated net worth is roughly $2 million. Jannat generates her income through ad revenues, sponsorships and through her acting career. She is expected to earn as high as $39,000 per sponsored social media post.
Interesting facts about Jannat Zubair
- Jannat’s zodiac sign is Leo.
- Her height is 150 centimetres or 5’1”
- She weighs 50 kilograms or 110 lbs.
- Jannat started her acting career in 2009 at 8 years old. She is supported by her actor father, Zubair Ahmad Rahmani.
- She is also strongly supported by her younger brother, Ayan Zubair Rahmani. He is taking early steps into show business as an actor.
- She featured in her first film, Aagaah—The Warning, in 2011.
- By her admission, one of her best dishes is crispy chicken.
- She has a string of awards, including Best Child Actor in the Indian Telly Awards of 2011 another for Best Female Child Actor in the famous Indian TV series, Phulwa in 2018.
- She bagged a Gold award as the Best Female Debut of the Year in 2018 on Tu Aashiqui.
- Her hobbies are sharing tongue twisters with family. For outdoor sports, Jannat enjoys cycling and skating.
- She debuted in the TV industry in 2009, but she rose to fame with Colors TV’s Phulwa in 2011.
- She once acted in an underwater shot in the TV series, Phulwa, and in her view, being submerged in water was the most challenging scene she has had to play so far.
- Jannat Zubair’s mother, Nazneen Rahmani, is also a TV actress. The mother-daughter duo had an opportunity to work together Colors’ Phulwa.
- In 2018, Jannat was featured in the Bollywood film Hichki as one of Rani Mukerji’s students.
- Her songs Fruity lagdi hai and Ishq Farzi have been loved by everyone.
- In 2018, while shooting a TV serial, ‘Tu Aashiqui’ Jannat was reportedly asked to do some intimate scenes with the lead actor of the serial. However, she refused to do it, saying that she wasn’t comfortable with it moreover it wasn’t suitable for her age.