Who is Liza Koshy?
Elizabeth Shaila Koshy is an American actress and YouTube star who goes under the pseudonym of Liza Koshy. Liza is a former Vine star who, as well as many other Vine stars, moved to YouTube after Vine ultimately shut down in 2017. She is also known for her relationship with controversial YouTuber David Dobrik.
Liza is also an actress who starred on YouTube premium, Nickelodeon, MTV television and Netflix.
She earned many awards such as silver, gold and diamond YouTube Play Buttons, won four Streamy Awards, four Teen Choice Awards, and a Kids’ Choice Award and even got nominated for an Emmy. She was included in the 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 Hollywood & Entertainment list and the Times 2019 list of the 25 Most Influential People on the Internet.
Personal life of Liza Koshy
Liza Koshy was born on March 31st, 1996, in Houston, Texas. Her father, Jose Koshy, is of Indian ancestry and works as an executive and President of “Koshy T and Jolly Joseph” Company based in Missouri City, Houston, Texas. Liza’s mother, Jean Carol Hertzler, is of Caucasian descent and works as a Yoga Instructor. Liza Koshy has two older sisters. Rachel works at the International women’s democracy centre. Olivia works as a director of development at the University of Texas Health Science.
Liza attended a dual language program since she started going to kindergarten until fifth grade. Thanks to this, Liza speaks fluent English and Spanish. During her high school years, Liza was the captain of her dance team. Liza has also studied business at college, although she gave it up to work on her videos in the end.
Liza Koshy met many social media personalities throughout her career. She started dating a fellow Viner and YouTuber, David Dobrik, in 2015. On June 4th, 2018, Liza posted a YouTube video and publicly announced that they broke up 6 months before this video. Liza shared that the reason for this breakup was that she wanted to get settled with herself before settling with someone else.
After her breakup, Liza took a break from YouTube before coming back full force.
The career of Liza Koshy
Although Liza jumped the Vine hype train late, she was definitely a force to be reckoned with. She started posting Vines in 2013 under the name “Lizzza” and accumulated over 7 million followers before Vine shut down in 2017.
As Vine started dying out, Liza converted to YouTube in July 2015. She started creating longer videos, rants, vlogs and skits. At this time, Liza dated David Dobrik, and they often made videos together. She also collaborated with famous faces such as Barack Obama, Lily Singh and The Gabbie Show.
Most importantly, Liza was known as one of the fastest-growing channels before she decided to focus on an acting career.
In 2016, Liza debuted in the Hulu original horror series Freakish as Violet Adams and proceeded as a part of the show in season 2. Liza played the role of Aday Walker in another horror genre movie. This time in a horror-comedy feature film, Boo! A Madea Halloween. Liza starred in multiple movies before she got her hands on a big project. She starred and co-produced a YouTube Premium situation comedy series, Liza on Demand, which premiered in June 2018. This series is about the chaotic misadventures of the eponymous character doing odd jobs for pay. Season 2 premiered in September 2019. In November 2018, Liza Koshy voiced the character Owl in Crow: The Legend. This animated virtual-reality short film written and directed by Eric Darnell premiered on the Liza Koshy Too YouTube channel and Oculus VR on November 15th, 2018. She even appeared in the Netflix dance-comedy Work It in 2020. Liza Koshy voiced Zipp Storm in the 2021 Netflix film My Little Pony: A New Generation.
YouTube of Liza Koshy
Liza’s channel is known to be one of the fastest-growing YouTube channels and gained over 2 million subscribers in just 2 months. In 2017, Liza became the first YouTuber to reach 10 million subscribers. Her videos are known to be over the top, quirky, fast-paced, clever and all over the place. She even creates cooking videos.
Liza sometimes portrays a persona called “Queen Of Puns” for the excessive use of pun jokes. She even collaborated with nigahiga, YouTuber most known for being a pun comedian.
Liza is trying to keep her videos short, under 7 minutes, to prevent people from getting bored with her videos. Her boyfriend at the time, David Dobrik, definitely helped her with that, as he is an expert at keeping his videos precisely 4 minutes 21 seconds long.
That is to say, Liza’s most popular series is “Adventurezzz with Lizzza”, where she visits different places and generally causes mischief. “Recess With Lizzza”, “Driving With Lizzza”, “Ikea with Lizzza”, “Target With Lizzza” and “Dollar Store With Lizzza Part 1 and 2”. Dollar Store with Lizzza Part 2 is her most-watched video to this day with an incredible 76 million views.
In 2016, Liza created a second YouTube channel, “Liza Koshy Too,” that currently has almost 8 million subscribers. Her main channel has nearly 18 million subscribers. Liza Koshy gets over 100 million views on her channels altogether.
- Liza Koshy reached 1 million subscribers on March 6th, 2016.
- Liza Koshy reached 2 million subscribers on June 16th, 2016.
- Liza Koshy reached 10 million subscribers on July 2nd, 2017.
- Liza Koshy reached 17 million subscribers on July 2nd, 2019.
- As of November 2021, Liza Koshy has 17,5 million subscribers.
- Liza Koshy achieved 100 million video views on July 5th, 2016.
- Liza Koshy achieved 1 billion video views on August 5th, 2017.
- Liza Koshy achieved 2 billion video views on April 1st, 2019.
- As of November 2021, Liza Koshy has 2,549,945,484 video views.
- As of November 2021, Liza Koshy Too has 625,901,949 video views.
Instagram of Liza Koshy
Liza Koshy is really popular on Instagram with almost 20 million followers. She gets around 500,000 likes on every post.
One thing that differentiates her from other Influencers is that her whole Instagram wall is black and white themed. She mostly posts photos of buildings, nature and her merchandise.
Liza Koshy posts regularly and keeps her fans updated on her life, as well as promoting her merchandise.
Other social media of Liza Koshy
Liza has a Twitter with 2,7 million followers and TikTok with an incredible 30 million fans and almost 400 million likes. She is already amongst top TikTokers and often creates funny skits where he dresses up and acts as various different personas.
How much does Liza Koshy earn? Net worth!
Liza Koshy has an estimated net worth of roughly $6 million. Most of her earnings come from Hulu appearances, original YouTube series, hosting gigs with Vogue and MTV and online merch that she promotes on her substantial social media accounts.
Most importantly, Liza Koshy receives almost 30 million views on her YouTube account per month. That means Liza makes roughly $100,000 per month from YouTube ad revenue.
Interesting facts about Liza Koshy
- Liza’s zodiac sign is Aries.
- Her height is 5’1” 152 centimetres.
- She weighs 120lbs or 55 kilograms.
- Liza began her career on Vine in 2013.
- She was included in the 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 Hollywood & Entertainment list and the Time 2019 list of the 25 Most Influential People on the Internet.
- She earned silver, gold and diamond YouTube Play Buttons.
- Liza Koshy is one of the fastest-growing channels, with 6 million subscribers in 2016 alone and over 6 million subscribers in 2017.
- Liza has over 3 billion views on her YouTube channels.
- She dated a controversial YouTuber David Dobrik. They broke up in June 2018.
- From 2018 to 2019, Liza hosted the Nickelodeon game show revival Double Dare, for which she received an Emmy Award nomination.
- She has received four Streamy Awards, four Teen Choice Awards, and a Kids’ Choice Award.
- She was included in the 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 Hollywood & Entertainment list.
- She was included in the Time 2019 list of the 25 Most Influential People on the Internet and its 2019 100 Next list.
- She once described herself to Beyoncé in an interview with Vogue.
- Liza Koshy voiced Zipp Storm in the 2021 Netflix film My Little Pony: A New Generation.
- In 2016, Liza starred in the Hulu horror series “Freakish”.
- In 2017, Liza became the first person who reaches 10 million YouTube subscribers.
- Her favourite foods are tacos and pizza.
- Her favourite animal is a dog.
- Liza Koshy has two older sisters. Olivia and Rachel Koshy.
- In 2019, Liza appeared on the cover of Teen Vogue.
- Liza is an unofficial member of The Vlog Squad, alongside Corinna Kopf, Gabbie Hanna and Josh Peck.
- Liza studied business at college. In the end, she gave it up to work on her videos.
- She can speak both English and Spanish fluently.