Who are Dobre Twins?
Dobre brothers consist of Darius, Cyrus and most importantly, twins Lucas and Marcus. They primarily create content together, and the twins have a separate account.
Dobre twins have created content since the start of Vine. In addition, the twins also collaborated with a number of personalities, such as Jake Paul.
Personal life of Dobre Twins
On 28th January 1999, Lucas and Marcus were born in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Their mother is a retired Olympic gymnast Aurelia Dobre. She married a gymnast from Iran, Boz Mofid. Their parents own a gymnastic academy in their hometown.
The Dobre twins have two older brothers, Cyrus, born in 1993 and Darius, born in 1995. They often create content with them and even share a few YouTube accounts.
Lucas Dobre has been dating YouTuber Ivanita Lomeli for a long time. Even though there were some rumours and even videos where Marcus calls Jaillyne Ojeda his girlfriend. Marcus is single, and they don’t date together.
The career of Dobre Twins
Lucas and Marcus started their social media career on the now-defunct app Vine. They began on Vine as TwinBotz and amassed close to 2 million followers before Vine shut down. Dobre twins are most known for showcasing their breakdancing and gymnastic skills.
In 2015, Lucas and Marcus launched their YouTube channel that became widely popular for gymnastics skills, challenges, comedy sketches and vlogs. One of their videos, “Gymnastics in Grocery Store!” gained millions of views in days.
During their Vine time, Lucas and Marcus collaborated with one of the top Viners, Jake Paul. They got invited to join his collaborative house, “Team 10”, in Los Angeles. This significantly helped to grow their YouTube popularity. After that, Dobre twins eventually left Team 10 and decided to become independent content creators.
After a while, Dobre twins branched into TikTok and became one of the top-ranked TikTokers. They even appeared on Disney Channel’s “Bizaardvark”.
Marcus and Lucas partnered with AT&T for their Later Haters campaign. This campaign encouraged people to use positive messages online and stand up to bullying. After that, Dobre twins participated in We Day at The Theater at Madison Square Garden, a touring event that hoped to inspire teens to make a positive difference in their community.
The Dobre twins quickly realized how much their fans love a cameo by their older brothers in a YouTube video and started a “Dobre Brothers” channel.
In 2018, Lucas and Marcus teamed up with their two older brothers and signed a contract with Creative Artists Agency. The Dobre brothers then branched into the music industry and released songs like “Bumpin” and “You Know You Lit”.
The same year, Dobre twins were nominated for awards such as at the Shorty Awards and for the Breakout Creator award at the Streamy Awards and the Muser of the Year at the Shorty Awards.
In 2020, the Dobre twins faced controversy after posting another prank video. They pretended to fall asleep at the wheel of a Tesla that had been put on auto-pilot. The twins came under fire because the Tesla Autopilot feature still requires the driver to be awake while the car is driving.
In 2020, Dobre Brothers created a mobile game, “Dobre Duel”, collaborating with BBTV. In this game, Marcus, Lucas, Darius and Cyrus are going head-to-head in all kinds of duels.
On 7th June 2022, the Dobre brothers plan to release a book called “You Know You Lit”.
Social media of Dobre Twins
In October 2012, Lucas and Marcus started their separate Twitter accounts. Lucas has over 570,000 followers, over 23,000 Tweets and is more active than his brother. Marcus has nearly 550,000 followers and almost 15,000 Tweets.
Lucas and Marcus have one account, “Dobre Twins,” where they collaborate together with over 2 million followers. In addition, they both have separate accounts for their individual posts. Marcus has over 3.5 million followers. Lucas has more than 3.5 million followers as well. On top of all that, they also have an account with their brothers. “Dobre Brothers” has slightly over 800,000 followers. Each of these accounts posts personal pictures and trendy reels with corresponding people or groups of people.
TikTok of Dobre Twins
On 3rd September 2015, Lucas and Marcus joined TikTok. As of 2021, their channel gained over 34.3 million followers and more than 890 million likes. They are currently at the 29th spot, only 100,000 behind Russian TikToker Kirya Kolesnikov.
They are your regular dancing TikTokers publishing the latest trends, often with a gymnastic twist. Most of the time, Lucas and Marcus include at least one family member in their TikTok and even collaborate with people such as Vin Diesel.
Youtube of Dobre Twins
On 19th January 2011, Dobre twins created their first YouTube channel, “Lucas and Marcus”. After a few years, on 29th October 2015, they decided to post their first video,”What Are The Odds? w/ Jake Paul”. As of 2021, this channel gained over 24 million subscribers and over 6.5 billion views. On 27th July 2017, Dobre twins posted their most successful video collaborating with their older brothers, “Dobre Brothers - You Know You Lit (Official Music Video)”. This song has an incredible 155 million views and keeps growing.
- On 19th January 2017, 1 million subscribers.
- On 16th September 2017, 5 million subscribers.
- On 13th July 2018, 10 million subscribers.
- On 21st March 2019, 15 million subscribers.
- On 4th April 2020, 20 million subscribers.
- On 24th July 2021, 24 million subscribers.
- On 3rd December 2017, 1 billion video views.
- On 29th June 2018, 2 billion video views.
- On 27th December 2018, 3 billion video views.
- On 27th July 2019, 4 billion video views.
- On 12th April 2020, 5 billion video views.
On 6th June 2017, all four brothers decided to create one collaborative channel, “Dobre Brothers”. As of 2021, this channel amassed over 10.6 million subscribers and over 2.6 billion views. On 19th April 2019, the Dobre brothers posted their most popular video, “SWITCHING GIRLFRIENDS FOR 24 HOURS!”. This video has over 41 million views and more than 1 million likes.
On 21st November 2018, the Dobre brothers launched another collaborative channel, “Dobre Cars”. As of December 2021, this channel has over 1.3 million subscribers and more than 85 million views. You can find videos of various garage tours and even drag races. This channel didn’t post anything for 4 months. Its most popular video was posted on 24th April 2019, “I RACED my GIRLFRIEND’S Ex BOYFRIEND! (Nissan GT-R Nismo vs Dodge Hellcat)” and has over 6.7 million views.
How much do Dobre Twins earn? Net worth!
Lucas and Marcus have an estimated net worth of $16 million.
They make most of their money from social media. Dobre twins are expected to make $31,000 from YouTube alone per day. In addition, they make as high as $50,000 per TikTok or Instagram post.
They also sold their own merchandise and launched their own mobile game. In 2022, the Dobre brothers plan to release their own book “You Know You Lit”.
The twins make extra income from selling merchandise from their website and doing sponsored videos. They have promoted products like Best Fiends and others.
Interesting facts about Dobre Twins
- Dobre Twins zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- Their height is 5’ 7” or 173 centimetres.
- They weigh 58 kilograms or 127 lbs.
- They are highly qualified dancers, which brought them followers, on social media sites and helped them become famous.
- Marcus and Lucas first achieved fame with a 6-second video posted on the Vine video app. They had more than 1.8 million fan followers.
- Marcus is an outstanding swimmer and a keen movie watcher.
- The Dobre twins have many matching tattoos.
- They post various video materials, including skits, pranks, gymnastics, challenges, and vlogs on their channels.
- They were part of Jake Paul’s Team 10 fellow YouTube star.
- The Dobre Brothers introduced their merchandise in 2017, containing hoodies, caps, beanies, and telephone.
- In March 2018, the Dobre Brothers signed with one of Hollywood’s most prominent talent organizations, the Creative Artists Agency (CAA).
- They are both excellent divers and swimmers.
- He and his brother Lucas developed a Vine video for SelfieC and Lycia Faith in September 2014.
- Their fans call themselves Dobre Army.
- They have a video, for instance, where they swim in a pool filled with bananas or marshmallows.
- Marcus is very close to his family and chooses to remain living with them, despite his fame and fortune.
- Though the twins are the most popular, all the Dobre’s have appealed and stayed relevant to their target audience.
- They may pull a few pranks along with their stunts and other videos.
- Dobre Twins started on the now-defunct platform Vine.
- Their mother, Aurelia, is a medal-winning Olympic gymnast from Romania.
- Their father, Boz Mofid, is a gymnastics coach from Iran.
- Their You Know You Lit video has over a hundred million views alone.
- Dobre twins don’t overshare a whole lot of personal information.