Who is Jacob Sartorius?
Rolf Jacob Sartorius, better known on social media as Jacob Sartorius, is an American social media influencer and, most importantly, singer. Jacob rose to popularity on now-defunct app Vine and later on Musical.ly. He is also known for his debut single “Sweatshirt”, which reached the Hot 100 charts in the United States and Canada.
In 2016, Jacob won the Teen Choice Awards for Choice Muser. In 2017, He won iHeart Radio Music Awards for Social Star. In the same year, Jacob won Radio Disney Music Awards, Shorty Awards, and Teen Choice Awards.
Personal life of Jacob Sartorius
Jacob Sartorius was born on 2nd October 2002. He was born to a poor family in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA. After that, Jacob moved with his adoptive parents to Reston, Virginia, USA.
His father’s name is Rolf Sartorius. He is the President and CEO of Social Impact Company, based in Virginia, that specializes in international management. Before that, Rolf worked at the World Bank and served as a Georgetown University teacher. Jacob’s mother is Pat Sartorius. He has two siblings, older sister Carolina Sartorius who is 6 years older and brother Trey Sartorius.
Jacob attended Flint Hill School in Oakton, Virginia. After that, Jacob enrolled at Hampton University in Virginia.
Jacob was interested in singing from a very early age. When he was just 7 years old, Jacob acted in various musicals and got interested in performing.
Jacob shared he was taking anti-depressant medication and attending therapy since 2013. One of his first posts is an anti-bullying video. The more popular Jacob become, the worse the bullying becomes. In 2015, Jacob needed to switch schools three times because of getting verbally attacked, pushed around and teased on multiple occasions.
In late 2017, Jacob Sartorius dated an actress Millie Bobby Brown known chiefly for her performance in “Stranger Things”. The two separated in August 2018 but still remained friends.
In March 2020, after Baby Ariel posted a screenshot of a FaceTime call to Jacob Sartorius on her Instagram with the caption, “pick up the phone baby”, it was rumoured that the two might be dating together. On 30th March 2020, Baby Ariel clarified that they are not in a relationship and are just friends.
The career of Jacob Sartorius
On 17th August 2014, Jacob posted his first video on Vine but didn’t post on a regular basis until a year later. In February 2015, Jacob posted the first video that made him famous. It was a static video with a message against bullying.
After that, Jacob switched to Musical.ly, which later became known as TikTok. He became part of the latest trends and mostly posted lip-sync videos. In August 2016, Jacob gained over 8 million fans on the platform. He became one of the platform’s most-followed content creators.
Jacob decided to pursue his career as a singer. In 2016, Jacob signed a contract with T3 Music Group. The same year, he released his debut single “Sweatshirt”, which reached number 90 in the US Billboard Top 100 chart and 81 on the Canadian Hot 100. He even performed at Magcon, where fans could meet their favourite creators. Business Insider predicted that Jacob may become the next Justin Bieber once his single dropped.
Jacob soon released more singles, “Hit or Miss” and “All My Friends”. Especially “All My Friends” became one of his most famous songs, reaching number 72 in the USA. 2016 was a hectic year for Jacob as he went on the “All My Friends” tour, where he performed at six cities across the USA.
In 2017, Jacob released his first EP, “The Last Text”. In the same year, Jacob went on “The Last Text World Tour” across seven countries. After that, Jacob signed a contract with RCA Records and released his first album, “Left Me Hangin”. In winter 2017, Jacob released “Cozy”, his first official Christmas song.
In 2018, Jacob released another EP, “Better With You”, and opened for The Vamps on their Night & Day Tour. One year later, in 2019, Jacob released another EP, “Where Have You Been?”.
Jacob Sartorius has been nominated for several popular awards. The Kids’ Choice Awards, the iHeart Radio Music Awards, Shorty Awards, two Teen Choice Awards and the Radio Disney Music Award.
Jacob Sartorius has won many popular awards throughout his career in the singing industry. He won the Teen Choice Awards for Choice Muser in 2016. Jacob has also won the iHeart Radio Music Awards for Social Star in the year 2017. Later in the same year, he won several other awards like Radio Disney Music Awards, Shorty Awards, and Teen Choice Awards.
Social media of Jacob Sartorius
In September 2015, Jacob Sartorius started his Twitter account. As of 2022, Jacob gained over 1.5 million followers and has over 5,200 Tweets. Jacob posts multiple times a day, sometimes just hanging out with his fans asking about their day, other times advertising his latest single.
Jacob Sartorius has over 10 million followers on his Instagram account. He regularly posts high-quality modelling pictures, sometimes even funny reels.
Jacob is also active on Facebook, where he has over 1.3 million followers. It primarily contains re-posts from Instagram and Twitter.
On 24th April 2014, Jacob Sartorius started his own YouTube channel. As of 2022, Jacob amassed over 3 million subscribers and nearly 400 million views. It serves mainly for posting his new songs and behind-the-scenes videos. On 11th August 2016, Jacob posted his most famous song, “Jacob Sartorius - Hit or Miss”. This video gained over 72 million views and more than 1 million likes.
On 7th September 2015, Jacob Sartorius started his TikTok channel. Jacob gained over 24 million followers and more than 1.7 billion likes. Right now, Jacob sits on the 74th spot in TikTok top rankings, only 100,000 behind KingBach. Jacob posts the latest trends and hilarious lip syncs.
Jacob Sartorius posts his singles on Spotify. He has 5 of his singles on Spotify: “Sweatshirt”, “Hit or Miss”, “Last Text”, “Chapstick”, and “youtube & bbq chips”, and gets over 160,000 listeners per month.
How much does Jacob Sartorius earn? Net worth!
Jacob Sartorius has an estimated net worth of roughly $3 million.
His earnings come from his social media fame. He gets income for ad revenues throughout his channels and sponsored posts. Jacob is expected to earn as high as $30,000 per TikTok or Instagram post.
In 2016, Jacob’s debut single reached #10 on the Spotify Velocity chart and reached #90 in the US and #81 in Canada.
Most importantly, Jacob gets earnings through his singing career. In 2017, his debut EP “The Last Text” reached #32 in the US, hit #4 in New Zealand and charted around the globe at various spots.
Jacob released a second extended play album titled “Left Me Hangin” in October 2017. He released a third extended play album titled “Better with You” in November 2018. Unfortunately, neither of these albums charted globally.
Jacob also sells his own merchandise in collaboration with Represent.
Interesting facts about Jacob Sartorius
- Jacob’s zodiac sign is Libra.
- His height is 5’8” or 173 centimetres.
- He weighs 54 kilograms or 120 lbs.
- His eye colour is hazel, and his natural hair colour is brown.
- He loves chocolate milk.
- Jacob’s mother manages all his social media accounts since they became too popular for him to organize alone.
- Jacob’s debut single track titled Sweatshirt reached on Top 100 chart in the United States and Canada. Also, it secured the 9th rank among the most searched musical artist in the year 2016.
- In an interview, Jacob revealed that he was bullied at his high school. Because of that, he changed his High School three times.
- His favourite actor is Logan Lerman, and his favourite actress is Jessica Alba.
- He likes playing and watching football, music, and singing.
- Jacob Sartorius has asthma. He had an asthma attack live on YouNow in December 2016.
- He was named after his father and grandfather, who are both called Rolf.
- Jacob said that the name Rolf has been a tradition in his family, but he doesn’t like to go by that name.
- Jacob was born in Oklahoma and was adopted shortly after birth as his birth parents could not take good care of him.
- Cameron Dallas, another famous Vine star, was listed as one of his close friends.
- Jacob posted his first video on 17th August 2014, sending a message against bullying.
- He is most famous for posting videos of himself lip-syncing popular songs.
- Jacob can wiggle his ears – only 10-20% of the population can actually do this!
- On 3rd May 2016, he released his first single, ‘Sweatshirt’. He posted a lyric video of the song to YouTube.
- In May 2016, Jacob Sartorius was criticized after a fan videoed him asking to give a message to her three friends. Unfortunately, he couldn’t remember the names and moved away from the disappointed fan.
- Google announced that Jacob Sartorius was the 9th most searched musical artist of 2016.
- Jacob has two cats called Prince and Josie.
- His celebrity crushes are Selena Gomez & Ariana Grande.
- His official website is jacobsartorius.com, where you can buy some of his merchandise, watch some videos, and listen to his music.
- His single “Jordans” is inspired by his days playing basketball and the feeling he gets when he’s on the court.
- Rumours were spread about a potential girlfriend when somebody posted a story about Jacob Sartorius and Loren Gray on a website called Wattpad.
- He has had braces in the past to help perfect his smile. He had them taken off on 3rd February 2016.
- Other internet stars which are around the same age as Jacob often like to compete with him to see who can get more followers. Some of these include Kristen Hancher and Hunter Rowland.
- He began singing and performing when he was 8 years old, picked up the guitar when he was 12 and can even play a bit on the piano.
- Jacob’s older sister, Caroline Sartorius, is also an Instagram star.
- Jacob Sartorius has a crown tattoo behind his lower left ear. His tattoo was inspired by LeBron James, which serves him as a reminder that –“This tattoo shows me that no matter what I’ve been through, I will strive to be the king of my court.”
- In early 2019, Jacob admitted in an Instagram post that he had been undergoing therapy and taking anti-depressant medication since his early adolescent years.
- After becoming famous in social media, Business Insider, an American financial and business news website, forecasted that he could be the next “Justin Bieber.”