Who is Josh Richards?
Josh Richards is a Canadian actor and social media influencer, especially TikTok and actor. He is also CEO of the video platform Triller, a competitor to TikTok.
Josh is part of the young Z-Generation TikTokers. He also used to be a part of the now-defunct collaborative group Sway House.
Personal life of Josh Richards
Josh Richards was born on 31st January 2002 in Ontario, Canada. His parents’ names are Derward Richards and Chloe Richards. Josh has two younger siblings. Sister Olivia Richards and brother who often appears in his posts, William Richards. In January 2020, his family moved to the USA.
Josh played ice hockey when he was younger. After that, he played football and lacrosse. He also started taking guitar lessons.
Josh Richards was dating a fellow social media star, Nessa Barrett. The two decided to go separate ways in 2020.
Josh has gotten into a public feud with TikTok star Chase Hudson, aka Lil Huddy. It all started when Lil Huddy apparently had directly messaged Josh’s girlfriend, asking for explicit photos even though he was dating TikTok star Charli D’Amelio at the time. Later, Josh released a diss track called “Still Softish” with fellow Sway House member Bryce Hall. They did not elaborate on any further incidents, though. In a follow-up video explaining the song, Josh and Bryce said that the diss track wasn’t made just because of that one incident, but they don’t say what those other incidents were. Josh also shared that Chase was trying to have sex with Nessa while he was dating Charli.
Chase and Josh made up later and now remain friends. Although Josh shared, he will never forget what Chase did. He also stated Chase would be welcome on Triller, as would his ex-girlfriend Nessa.
To the surprise of some fans, Josh’s new girlfriend isn’t a TikTok star. Still, she is on a good track to become one. Josh Richards is currently dating Julie Jisa.
The career of Josh Richards
Josh Richards became popular on social media at a very young age. In late 2010, he started posting the latest trends and lip-sync videos on Musical.ly and then on TikTok. Josh quickly pulled out on top and became one of the platform’s most popular users. While he was just 14 years old, Josh had already a team of managers to help him control his image and reply to comments on social media on his behalf for several years.
Josh got invited to be a part of the social media collective the Sway House. Thanks to this group, Josh collaborated with TikTok’s biggest stars, such as Anthony Reeves and Bryce Hall. He lived in the actual physical Sway House in Los Angeles before he decided to move into his own apartment. He got caught up in the party lifestyle and said he lost sight of why he moved to Los Angeles in the first place. Josh officially left the Sway House later that year to focus on his music career.
In 2019, Josh Richards launched his acting career in “Summertime Dropouts” as Dillon. In 2020, Josh appeared in a mini-series “TikTok” as Logan in “Brother’s Keeper”.
Later in 2020, Josh announced transitioning away from TikTok due to data privacy concerns. He moved to a rival platform, Triller and was named CEO.
Josh Richards also has his own website where he sells his merchandise. Buddy’s Hard is Josh’s own line of clothing. Josh also added a Black Lives Matter hoodie that donates all proceeds to charity.
Social media of Josh Richards
In July 2017, Josh joined Twitter. He has over 2 million followers and more than 1,600 Tweets. Josh posts on a daily basis, sometimes even multiple times per day. He often advertises his streams on different platforms and his merchandise.
Josh Richards has a widely successful Instagram account with over 7 million followers. This platform serves primarily for personal pictures and advertisements of his merchandise.
On 17th January 2017, Josh Richards started his YouTube channel. As of 2022, Josh gained over 2.4 million subscribers and over 250 million views. On 20th March 2020, Josh posted his most popular video, “Josh Richards - STILL SOFTISH ft. Bryce Hall (Lil Huddy Diss Track),” that gained over 42 million views and more than 1.4 million likes. Josh posts semi-regularly YouTube shorts or latest challenges with his buddies and vlogs.
On 16th March 2017, Josh started his TikTok account. As of 2022, Josh amassed over 25.7 million followers and nearly 2 billion likes. Even though he became CEO of rival platform Triller, he still regularly joins on the latest TikTok trends. He is currently in the 60th spot in TikTok top rankings, only 300,000 followers behind Ignacia Antonia.
Josh is also widely popular on the TikTok-like platform Triller. He is also CEO of this platform and amassed nearly 3 million followers.
Josh Richards is also on Spotify with his one diss song. This one song earns him over 100,000 listeners per month.
How much does Josh Richards earn? Net worth!
Josh Richards has an estimated net worth of roughly $3.2 million. In August 2020, Forbes revealed that Josh made $1.5 million between summer 2019 and summer 2020.
Josh is not that popular on any platform. Still, Josh has an excellent talent for leveraging any drama into nice earnings. While he was in a feud with Lil Huddy, Josh released a limited edition of “Still Softish” pants for $50 per piece.
Josh generated money through ad revenues and sponsored posts. He is expected to earn as high as $60,000 per sponsored post.
Josh Richards sells his own line of energy drinks, “Ani Energy”, which is co-owned by Bryce Hall. He is also part of talent management firm TalentX (through which he signed a Warner Bros. deal).
Josh also teamed up with Mark Wahlberg to launch a “Gen Z–focused” production company called CrossCheck Studios. They hope to become the “go-to production company for the next generation” and “internet-native creatives. More recently, he and his CrossCheck Studios company struck a first-look deal with STX Films.
Josh also sells his own line of clothing Buddy’s Hard. In addition, Josh has a Patreon account where he shares exclusive back-stage videos.
Interesting facts about Josh Richards
- Josh’s zodiac sign is Aquarius.
- His height is 5’11” or 180 centimetres.
- He weighs 57 kilograms or 127 lbs.
- Josh has amassed a legion of fans aged just 19.
- Josh Richards is Canadian. He was born and raised in Ontario, Canada, and moved to the US in January 2020.
- Forbes reported Josh had made $1.5 million between summer 2019 and summer 2020, making him the fifth highest-paid TikToker in 2020.
- In March 2021, Josh Richards teamed up with Mark Wahlberg to launch Gen Z–focused production company CrossCheck Studios.
- Josh is also co-founder of TalentX, the largest TikTok management and production company.
- Josh used to be a part of Sway House and lived there. He took a hiatus from the TikTok content house in May 2020 with his best friend, Jaden Hossler.
- Josh is co-founder of Ani Energy, a low-sugar, low-calorie energy drink. He founded the business with Sway House member Bryce Hall.
- Josh played Dillon in the 2019 movie Summertime Dropouts and Logan in Brother’s Keeper.
- He worked Stan Bharti, Alex Mashinsky and crypto billionaire Brock Pierce to give three fans $5,000 each to three fans. All they had to do was a post about what they were doing to help the planet.
- In the interview with Famous Birthdays, Josh said he loved watching Wizards of Waverly Place when he was younger. He also shared his crush is Selena Gomez.
- He used to be in a relationship with singer Nessa Barret.
- In 2020, he and a fellow TikToker, Chase ‘Lil Huddy’ Hudson, got into it after rumours began to circulate that Hudson had slid into Josh’s girlfriend’s DMs with an inappropriate picture.
- Josh Richards is dating Julie Jisa.
- At the mere age of 13, he launched his 1st company, called Berserk Hockey, along with his friends.
- In his childhood days, he used to play ice hockey and football. These days he enjoys lacrosse and is also taking guitar lessons.
- He uploads his hot sizzling pictures of his own on his official Instagram account regularly. He looks adorable and is very famous amongst girls.
- He has been crowned ‘Muser’ on Tik-Tok and is also one of the celebrities who attends the ‘Boys of Summer Tour’.
- He attended the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in 2020, where he wanted to educate others on climate change.
- Bryce Hall and Jaden Hossler were arrested on drug charges. Many TikTok fans believe that the drugs allegedly found on Bryce actually may have belonged to Josh. People suspect that Bryce decided to take the blame so that Josh wouldn’t get deported.